Winchester Brake Services
Your BMW will require brake pads, rotor and fluid changes every 20,000 to 50,000 miles roughly. This wide range is based upon the type of driving your BMW does. BMW’s which are city driven or find themselves in lots of stop and go traffic will be on the shorter end of the range, highway cruisers and weekend toys at the other. You should understand the costs of a quality brake service for your BMW as they can vary based on model and you should budget accordingly.
Brakes are not an area which you should ever skimp on. Insist on BMW Original brake pads and rotors if you want to maintain the high level of braking performance and comfort your BMW came with. BMW Original brake parts will also offer a longer life span then after market brake parts.
A proper and complete brake service should include:
- Brake pad replacement
- Brake fluid analysis and flush if moisture is present
- Measurement of rotor thickness and replacement if below minimum thickness
- Brake caliper guides inspected and lubricated
- Hubs cleaned and greased
- Brake pads lubricated to insure quiet operation
- Parking brake test
- Test drive and proper bedding in of your new brakes